Ozone High Dose Therapy (OHT)
Ozone High Dose Therapy (OHT) according to Dr. Lahodny has been used in the THERA Clinic for years with excellent results. There are many diseases for which it can be used successfully. It can be performed on almost all patients. This naturopathic and special stimulation therapy has been known for decades, has been very successful and is used worldwide by many specially trained doctors.
What is ozone?
Ozone is a special modification of the element oxygen, which consists of triatomic molecules. It has a very high oxidizing effect, which is why it is also called active oxygen. It is a natural component of our atmosphere. Although oxidation in the body should actually be kept low, ozone has a positive effect on an organism that is still capable of regulation: the increase in oxidation caused by ozone leads to counter-regulation, and antioxidant protection mechanisms are ramped up to intercept the accumulation of ozone-induced free radicals.
When to consider high-dose ozone therapy:
- Colds and flu-like infections
- Chronic pain conditions after e.g. shingles, shoulder-arm syndrome, lumbago
- delayed physical recovery after serious illnesses
- general states of exhaustion
- hearing loss
- arthrosis and arthritis of the joints
- arteriosclerosis of the coronary arteries with symptoms such as heart pain on exertion and at rest
- liver damage caused by viruses or alcohol
- Circulatory disorders of the arms, legs and brain
- post-stroke treatment
- rheumatic diseases, e.g. muscular or articular rheumatism, lumbago, sciatic pain
- too high uric acid level
- eye diseases caused by circulatory disorders
- migraine and dizziness
- oncological diseases, as an additional therapy, therapy successes proved
How does ozone work in the human body?
- It strongly stimulates the immune system
- It helps the liver significantly in detoxification
- It reduces fats (cholesterol and triglycerides), factors that damage blood vessels (heart attacks, strokes).
- It significantly improves the metabolism of cells and mitochondria, the motor of the entire energy production of the body.
- It decreases and significantly lowers the level of uric acid (producer of poisons and damaging factor for blood vessels).
- It improves blood flow, reduces circulatory disturbances and prevents new disturbances
- It significantly reduces the clumping of red blood cells and thus improves the transport of oxygen and blood flow
- It increases the supply of oxygen in the tissues and thus leads to an increase in the body’s own energies
- It kills many types of bacteria, viruses and fungi and prevents their new formation
Our three variants of OHT:
- Ozone high dose therapy according to Dr. Lahodny
- Small autologous blood treatment
1. ozone high-dose therapy according to Dr. Lahodny
Here, approx. 200 ml of blood is taken from the arm vein, made unclottable in a sterile vacuum bottle, enriched with medically pure ozone-oxygen mixture and reinfused into the vein as a drip infusion. The basic therapy consists of 5 cycles, if necessary up to 10 cycles per session are possible.
- Duration of treatment: approx. 60 – 90 minutes
- Frequency of treatment repetition: 1 – 3 times a week
Repetition 2 times a year can be useful and increases the success rate. We have had the best experience with this treatment.
2. small autologous blood treatment
The small autologous blood treatment with ozone has proven to be very effective for various diseases of infectious and allergic nature. Approximately 10-20 ml of blood is taken from a vein, enriched with ozone and injected half into each buttock muscle. This form of therapy should also be performed 10 to 15 times, 2 to 3 times a week, and is of course less expensive than the large autologous blood therapy.
3. ozone therapy as injection
In order to treat inflammation, circulatory disorders and other dysfunctions in the tissues, ozone can also be applied as an injection:
- subcutaneously (under the skin)
- intravenously and intra-arterially
- mixed with blood as a small autologous blood treatment
Areas of application for injections of ozone are:
- into pain points
- in joints
- around joints
- under ulcers (open legs)
- in and around varicose veins
- in spider veins
- in cellulite areas
Implementation of ozone therapy
Main fields of application
- Chronic pain conditions (in combination with other regulatory therapies such as acupuncture, homeopathy, detoxification, deacidification)
- Arthrosis and arthritis (chronic joint wear with or without acute inflammation)
- Migraine (especially vasomotor headaches)
- Painful conditions after shingles, shoulder-arm syndrome with persistent pain and chronic spinal complaints.
The special fields of application of the small autologous blood therapy differ:
- Increasing the body’s own defenses
- Re-tuning therapy for cancer
- Skin diseases such as acne, eczema, allergies and psoriasis
- Liver damage
- post-treatment of radiation and chemotherapy in cancer patients
Ozone and prevention
Prevention of diseases plays an increasingly important role, especially in the case of existing risk factors such as high cholesterol, elevated uric acid, high blood pressure, diabetes and advanced age.
The life expectancy of people 50 years ago was about 50 years. Today, it averages between 73 and 83 years of life, with an upward trend. However, this does not automatically mean that people have become healthier. With age, general tissue changes such as arteriosclerosis of all vessels (heart attacks, strokes, circulatory disorders of the legs, etc.), poorer oxygen uptake via the lungs, rheumatism, gout, high blood pressure, dizzy spells, general physical immune deficiencies and also cancers increase significantly.
Since the progressive negative physical changes are due to poor oxygen supply and deteriorated cell metabolism, ozone-oxygen therapy, due to its biochemically and physiologically proven mode of action, is able to significantly delay or prevent the damage.
The earlier the application of ozone therapy is carried out as a preventive measure, the higher are the chances to protect oneself from diseases. It is favorable to apply a treatment two or three times a year as revitalization and against exhaustion and stress.
What is ozone in contrast to oxygen?
Oxygen consists of two molecules of oxygen (O2), ozone consists of three (O3). Ozone is a very labile and very reactive state form of the element oxygen. When it decays, it produces free radicals that react within seconds with molecules in the environment.
Ozone is one of the strongest oxidizing agents. Ozone therapy uses this effect under controlled conditions to kill microorganisms such as viruses, bacteria and fungi. Ozone therapy is designed to exert a targeted stimulus on the body to improve circulation, wound healing, and oxygenation, as well as to balance the immune system. All enzyme systems related to oxygen and oxidative stress in the body are activated by ozone.