A special IV cannula is inserted into the vein in the forearm (as with an infusion) and connected to a single-use catheter, which in turn is connected to the laser device.
- is applied at very low power of 1-3mW
- treatment sessions last only 20-60 minutes
- is applied 3-5 times per week, with a total of up to 10 treatments
- combines the effects of different laser wavelengths (red, green, blue, infrared, yellow) and has no known side-effects
- can be combined with other therapies (e.g. infusions, intravenous oxygen therapy, apheresis)
In cases of chronic disease, or to prevent relapse, it makes sense to repeat the treatment every 2 to 4 weeks, as a repeat or maintenance therapy.